The following constitutes Contest Rules, both on and off-air on WOWY 97.1.
1. All WOWY contests are open to any/all WOWY listeners, unless otherwise specified by WOWY or its affiliates.
2. Each family/household may have only one winner or qualifier every thirty (30) days across all Seven Mountains Media stations.
3 Winners must sign a release prior to receiving their prize.
4. All prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be picked up within 30 days of winning. WOWY will not notify winners of the time remaining on their prize. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within the thirty days provided.
5. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
6. WOWY is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty day grace period.
7. All major prizes will be given away by WOWY. Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
8. WOWY may or may not substitute another prize in the event of non-availability of an announced prize. WOWY is not responsible for the cancellation of any events or the closure of businesses.
9. In the case of a dispute over telephone lines, the decision of WOWY is final.
10. In the event that two telephone lines are tied together during a phone contest, the entire phone call will be disqualified and another phone call will be taken. WOWY cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a “tied together” situation An example of “tied together” call may be two telephone calls originating from the same location or residence or a party line.
11. Employees of WOWY, Seven Mountains Media, its advertising agencies, their affiliates, representatives, and their families or households their employees are ineligible to enter/win.
12. Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of WOWY. WOWY is not responsible for the failure or tardiness of prizes delivered via US Postal Service. Otherwise, prizes must be claimed in person, unless otherwise specified. Proper identification (valid driver’s license, passport, state ID, military ID required).
13. In certain “unique situations”, a designated representative will be allowed to accept prize for the winner. Written authorization from the winner including representative’s name, ID and a photocopy of the winner’s drivers license is required. WOWY will qualify what constitutes a “unique situation”.
14. WOWY is not responsible for defective prizes.
15. Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of WOWY, and may be enacted at any time.
16. All winners must be 18 years of age or older.
17. WOWY, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives absolve themselves of any liability, financial or otherwise, resulting from any on or off-air contests staged by WOWY.
18. All contest entries become the property of WOWY. Furthermore, WOWY may withhold any contest materials crucial to the completion of the contest.
19. All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that WOWY has a right to publicize, or broadcast the winner’s name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein.
20. All prizes are non-transferable and void where prohibited by law. No cash substitution of prizes allowed.
21. Winners understand and agree that they are responsible for any and all taxes incurred on prizes received.
22. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to that prize. WOWY then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest
23. Sweepstakes/contests are open to U.S. residents only.
24. Basic contest rules and addenda are available for review during regular business hours at the WOWY offices, 160 W Clearview Ave. State College, PA.
25. Any tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted WOWY and the results of the drawing are final.
26. The decision of WOWY is final. Winner’s will be notified by phone. Only one winner or qualifier per family or household every thirty (30) days.